Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine Mailboxes (extraordinairre)

So when I was in elementary school, Valentine's Day was just as big a deal as it is now -- we made large pockets out of paper with a few heart stickers on them, hung them from the side of our desks, and then waited for it to fill up with those little white envelopes.  The best ones were the lumpy ones because they had those chalky little heart-candies inside (never mind that I didn't actually like those too much).... it was like getting 25 pieces of mail on one day!

Nowadays..... it's all about the container, at least in my kids' classes!  Aidan's class made adorable cans... remember decoupage??


With good buddy Alex

The finished product

Then over in Emma's class... the challenge was to create a container at home, which could be anything at all, Valentine-related.  Emma had the vision - a bee with hearts on the antennae. So we were off & running....
 
Oh yes.... breaking out the balloon & the paper mache :)

We talked her into a smiley pic while painting, which was cute, but really this shows much more about how she felt having her picture taken...
Her adorable finished mailbox




At the class parties....
Funniest thing in Emma's class.... one girl gave out fuzzy mustache stickers on a card saying "I 'mustache' you to be my Valentine".  The kids all wore them (some as eyebrows!) and it made for some pretty silly pics.  Here's Emma's buddies Abby & Sarah showing them off.

Emma & her teacher

Had to show off some of her friends' super cool mailboxes...
Sammy's doll-house mailbox was too cute

 And back over in Aidan's room.... (so nice that they're across the hall so I can party-hop!)
Sorting through his stash of cute & creative Valentines from friends
Enjoying fancy Italian sodas :)
I just love re-living my childhood on days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment