Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans' Day Parade!

Emma & I had so much fun today being in a "real" parade!  This was in downtown Mesa - really a great experience for our troop (and the many other Girl Scouts from our council who marched with us).  Our council's theme was "Veterans in Our Family" and the girls had fun making banners showing off photos of their grandfathers and other family members who have served our country.  I think they learned a lot today being a part of such a great celebration for these heroes :).
Here's a close-up of Emma's banner showing her Grandpa Slavko Pavlovic, uncle Carlos Rodriguez, Grandpa (Tata) Al Rodriguez, and her Great-Grandpa Charles Pulsipher.


Troop 242, with my co-leader Irene. The girls were real "troopers" during the hour+ wait in the staging area. We were surrounded by high school bands warming up so there was lots of entertainment - the girls especially loved watching the flag lines practice.

Getting ready to march

Loved the cool fly-bys!


Thank you Veterans!!

I posted a short video below too. This was really a fun celebration and I'm so glad we were able to be part of it, and have a lot of our family there too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment