Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Aidan's a Kindergartener!

How did he get this big??

I remember the very first time I left Emma at the church nursery.  She was just a few months old and it was a tough thing for me to let go, even for a couple hours so I could attend a MOPS leaders training.  But I did it! I went to that meeting and sat by Lindsay, who broke down crying.  She had just dropped off her child for the first day of Kindergarten.  Kindergarten!  That sounded so far off.....  I remember imagining taking my child to school, and honestly Lindsay's day made my struggle with the nursery seem a lot easier.

Well today, Aidan officially started Kindergarten. He was thrilled to go and had a great day! This was an easy transition since he already knows his teacher and is very comfortable at Trinity - I'm glad we are letting him finish out there before jumping into first grade at the "big" school.  But still, this is a big step going to school everyday - my baby's really taking off!! After dropping him off I wiped away the tears on my drive to Bible study, where I sat by Cherie who asked for prayer as her youngest daughter is just settling in away at college.  College.  Guess it's all about perspective!  I am so thankful for the years I have with my kiddos at home... today starts a new season, having them both in school, but even as the winds are changing I am just enjoying this time so much...

Age 5, First Day of Kindergarten

No comments:

Post a Comment