Thursday, June 2, 2011

Swimming Lessons

We put Aidan in lessons again this year with Miss Shelley (who he adores) and I'm glad we did, just for the refresher and getting his confidence back up - he did GREAT!!  He had his last lesson today (finishing 4 weeks @ 3 days/week) and this might have been our very last lesson, ever!  After 5 summers I think we can say both kids are officially strong swimmers :).  He's now jumping off the board and swimming freestyle across the pool, and she worked on backstroke a lot with this class too.  She introduced some skills for breast stroke & butterfly, mainly learning the kick styles for those.  He hasn't mastered diving yet and she didn't focus on it, she said very few 6-yr-olds can even really do dives so it's not a big part of this 4/5's class. Anyway, got lots of pics and a few videos to show off :)......
The first couple weeks of lessons had some chilly windy days! He was cold but didn't complain much.  I was just glad it's NOT a "mom & tot" class.... ;)






Loves the diving rings!


My smiley little fishy :)

Enjoying our family's last-day-of-lessons tradition: Slurpees from 7-11.  It's a once-a year thing so they sure look forward to it!  Still they each only drink about half.  I'm there to help with the rest, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment