Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer's End

I'm so sad to see summer ending!! This has been such a great one, too - and even though we're all looking forward to the school-year activities I will sure miss having so much time for FUN with the kiddos.  We said our summer-farewells in style these last couple days....
 
At our church's "Splash Sunday" - sno-cones, giant slip-n-slides, & water balloon lanuchers are a good way to send-off the summer :) We brought neighbor-friend Gracie along for the ride.


One last Happy Birthday to Mom at good ol' Organ Stop Pizza!  Such a fun night -


 And today, our last day of summer.... we woke up to cool breezes & sprinking rain, which lasted most of the day! Thank you Lord!! Not the norm for August but it felt just perfect for our last day off....
 We spent the afternoon back at Xtreme Air, the super-fun trampoline place which also has an indoor skate park!  I blogged about the trampoline part a few months ago and today they got to enjoy both halves.  After a solid 2 hours of this I was hoping they'd get a good night's sleep for school tomorrow :).



And that wraps it up!! I can't believe tomorrow they'll be starting 2nd & 4th grade - wow.  As Aidan's teacher is famous for saying, "don't blink!" This goes by way too fast!  But what a blessing to have the time home with them as they grow up. Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment