Sunday, July 8, 2012

We {Heart} Forest Home Family Camp!!

We were SO blessed to spend one amazing week at Forest Home.... such a refreshing, fun, encouraging time for us as a family!  It's been a good 28 years since my family had been so I was thrilled to share this special place with Chris & the kids.  Amazing speaker & worship times, making new friends, getting a little adventurous with the free time activities.... and the kids loved their morning day camp and their sitter for the evenings while Chris & I enjoyed date night 6 nights in a row! (Need I say more??) Anyway, too many pics to share -- but these are sure sweet memories for us....
With our family's "monument" of thanks to the Lord
Had to include this one for Mom & Dad.... we have the same pic of our family eating ice cream on this wall when Kelly & I were about 6 & 8 years old!

Final evening service at the amphitheater
 The campgrounds -

Hangin' out in our cozy little cabin
Enjoying hikes around the beautiful forest -



Aidan was especially excited about the Trout Pond -


New friends helped us out with our novice fishing skills :)
Such a scenic spot for a restful afternoon!
Fun times by the lake, including the family "Olympic" competition with friends -
Go Team!
Celebrating with friends as their kids got baptized!


An early morning group hike up to an awesome viewpoint, where we were treated to a pancake breakfast -


Fun relaxing afternoons....
How nice to take our time on all 18 holes and NOT be HOT outside!! Love that!
And again right up our alley.... a massive paper-airplane contest!  Aidan got 2nd place in his age division :)
All kinds of adventures at the Challenge Course area -

The high ropes course
I was amazed at my brave kids!  Aidan barely made the height req. to do this but he was fearless up there on the tightropes!
Go Emma!



Amazed again at my adventurous kids!
And I think they were amazed at me, too!  Yes that's us up there on a huge, fast zip line through the woods.... so glad we went for it, it was a blast!
God is good!  Can't wait to be back again sometime soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment